In today’s competitive market, it is of utmost importance for a business to stay connected with its audience to stand out from the crowd. This connection and communication is achieved through Digital marketing. As a marketer, you need to ensure that you are connecting with your audience in a highly personalized way without exceeding the budget.
Speaking of budget and personalization, email marketing is one of the most efficient and effective ways to target your audience and generate the right ROI and revenue. In a nutshell, if you want to reach out to the masses and ensure that your message is being heard, you need to work on your email marketing strategies.
Getting Started With Email Marketing
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the vast possibilities in email marketing. However, if you break down the entire process and follow the steps, using the right email marketing tools, you sure will end up getting your desired results.
Here’s a guide to email marketing campaigns that can really make a difference for you.
Creating An Email Marketing Strategy
Every customer out there receives around 121 emails every day. This means that if you don’t have a proper plan or a strategy, it’s easy for your mail to get lost in those crowded inboxes. Here are a few points you need to work on to create an exceptional strategy;
- Defining your audience: Your email will be effective only if you send it to the relevant people. This is where it becomes of utmost importance to know and define your audience.
- Establishing your goals: Research the statistics of your industry and then use them as a benchmark to establish your goals. A strategy without a goal will only lead you to a dead end.
- Make People Sign Up: This is the real tricky part here. You need to make people subscribe to your emails or sign up for them. Once they do, it’s your duty to treat every single lead like gold.
- Make A Schedule: Decide how often you want to send out your emails to your customers. Build a proper schedule and then stick to it for best results.
- Measure Your Results: Measuring your results is important and as a marketer you have to be meticulous about every single one of the key metrics. This way you’ll know what’s working in your favor and which one of your strategies needs to be changed.
Building An Email List
Your email list should be full of potential prospects that are waiting to hear from you. The good thing here is that there are several ways to build an email list (no, it’s not just buying one). When it comes to list building, there are two main elements you need to consider; opt in forms and lead magnets.
Using Lead Magnets:
A lead magnet is basically all about giving your prospect something that attracts him towards you. It can be anything from a free offer to a discount. The only thing you need to focus on is that people nowadays are quite protective about their information. No one will give away his email address until they are getting something valuable in exchange. All you have to do is to think of a lead magnet that can make your prospects life easier, it should be relevant to him and most importantly it should be useful. A few types of lead magnets that can really work for you, are;
- A Webinar Course
Using An Enticing Opt In Form:
Your opt in form is basically a form that helps you get your prospect’s information. It’s an incredible asset for you but again, it’s not as easy as it sounds. To make an enticing opt in form, you must keep the following factors in check;
- It should be attractive
- The copy should be relevant to what you are offering
- It should be kept simple
- Set the opt in form for double confirmation
Email marketing is undeniably the best way to earn more customers and bond with the ones you already have. However, as an email marketing specialist, you really need some real time dedication and consistency in your efforts to meet your marketing objectives. When you work with a proper plan or strategy in mind, things become relatively easier!